Harsher Legal Ramifications for Pedophiles
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Pedophilia or Paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.
Here are just a few of the harrowing facts and statistics about pedophiles:
- 1 in 5 violent offenders serving time in a state prison reported having victimized a child.
-BJS Survey of State Prison Inmates, 1991.
- 29% of child sexual abuse offenders are relatives, 60% are acquaintances, and only 11% are strangers.
-Diana Russell, The Secret Trauma, NY:Basic Books, 1986.
- 3/4 of the violent victimizations of children took place in either the victim's home or the offenders home.
-BJS Survey of State Prison Inmates, 1991.
- 50% of reported child molestations involve the use of physical force and child molesters produce as much visible physical injury as rapists-39% of victims.
-Dr. Gene Abel in a National Institute of Mental Health Study.
- More than 1/2 of all convicted sex offenders are sent back to prison within a year. Within 2 years, 77.9% are back. -California Department of Corrections.
Here are the facts about how these attacks or experiences impact the victims of pedophiles:
- A child who is the victim of prolonged sexual abuse usually develops low self-esteem, a feeling of worthlessness and an abnormal or distorted view of sex. The child may become withdrawn and mistrustful of adults, and can become suicidal
- In the short-term (up to two years), victims may exhibit regressive behaviors (e.g., thumb-sucking and bed-wetting in younger children), sleep disturbances, eating problems, behavior and/or performance problems at school, and unwillingness to participate in school or social activities.
- Longer-term effects may be wide-ranging, to include anxiety-related, self-destructive behaviors such as alcoholism or drug abuse, anxiety attacks, and insomnia.
- Victims may show fear and anxiety in response to people who share characteristics of the abuser, i.e., the same sex as the abuser or similar physical characteristics.
- Many children and teens who are sexually assaulted, namely over a prolonged period of time, become offenders themselves due to distorted ideals of sexuality and sexual boundaries.
It's clear to see that pedophiles are an immense problem in modern society. They create cycles of abuse that repeat over time. Pedophiles creating pedophiles. There are even organizations that try to normalize and victimize pedophiles themselves, to protect them from scrutiny/bullying and stigmatization.
Websites such as:
that try to make onlookers feel sympathy for pedophiles.
Pedophilia ruins not only the victims life, but those around them who try to cope with the emotional destruction of their loved one.
This petition is calling on the world to help protect it's children from those who would seek to damage them for their own sexual gratification. It is seen too often that sexual assaults in general go unpunished in many cases, especially concerning children. Pedophiles need to serve a minimum of 15 years, more depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as mandatory rehabilitation. And depending on the severity again, Chemical castration should be required.
Here are a few examples of pedophiles getting nothing more than what the rest of the world would consider a slap on the wrist for damaging a child permanently:
- BLANKS, JOHN / OH (a man raped his daughter, forced her to have an abortion when she bore a child from him, and continued raping her a year after the abortion. When tried in court finally, he only received 5 years in a penitentiary. As much if not less than most drug users/sellers.
- CREEL, DAVID M. / FL (Forcing students to have sex with him, later forcing one to have an abortion when she became pregnant. Only had to resign from his teaching job with minimal community service.)
- ELLIS, ADOLPHUS / FL (Ellis, 37, began having sex with his 15-year-old stepdaughter, forcing her to have an abortion upon getting pregnant. Only received 2 years in prison, 15 on probation.)
Today: Chelsey is counting on you
Chelsey Chiclana needs your help with “Harsher Legal Ramifications for Pedophiles”. Join Chelsey and 346 supporters today.