Keep full night-time cover at Rushmoor Fire Station!
This petition made change with 1,081 supporters!
Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service is planning to cut funding for Rushmoor Fire Station by over £200,000 a year:
- greatly reducing the cover at night-time;
- reducing the number of standard fire engines from three to one;
- cutting the number of full-time firefighters; and,
- lessening on-call availability
We need the present full night-time cover because of the high-risk locations in Rushmoor:
- Farnborough Airfield, which is expanding and becoming more industrialised;
- Aldershot Garrison, the Home of the British Army; and,
- M3 Motorway
Also, the proposed cuts fail to take into account the rapid growth in the population of Aldershot in the next 15 years with 3850 new dwellings in the Wellesley development.
Now is not the time to be cutting this vital public service.
Please petition to keep full night-time cover at Rushmoor Fire Station!
Today: Alex is counting on you
Alex Crawford needs your help with “Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority: Keep full night-time cover at Rushmoor Fire Station!”. Join Alex and 1,080 supporters today.