Petition Closed

Help 86 year old lady to get overcharged council tax back

This petition had 27 supporters

Rita jones has lived in widnes all her life and been a credit to the community in her early years. Rita got together a home watch group and found volunteers to help local people. This lady is very independant, at the age of 86 she lives alone and does most activitys at home what many youngsters can't acheive. 6 years ago rita's husband passed away and she was not informed that she was entitled to single occupancy council tax discount. For the past 6 years she has been paying for herself and her late husband. Recently a friend noticed that the council tax she was paying was a lot of money so checked her bills. Informing rita that her council tax payments should of been reduced by 25% 6 years ago rita feels as if she should be refunded the money. Rita has contacted the council on many occasions and they have told her that it has simply been a mistake and that she won't be getting the refund. As a community i think we should get together and help rita get what she is deserved. I believe if anyone has missed council tax payments and are in arrears they recieve court letters so why should they not have to pay what rita is owed. Please get together halton and surrounding areas and sign this petition. Hopefully this will acheive an old age pensioner get back what she has put in. 

Today: Ste is counting on you

Ste Antrobus needs your help with “Halton borough council: Help 86 year old lady to get overcharged council tax back”. Join Ste and 26 supporters today.