0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
STUDENTS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
This petition is to request to the H.O.D of mechanical engineering to give us another opportunity to write our assessments again, extend submission dates and also to give an opportunity to students who have missed any assessments due to the conditions on campus an opportunity to write. We think that is fair. This is a prevention to academic exclusion and is a way of making sure that the phasing out happens fairly. As much as we may be in a hurry to finish the academic year and graduate, lets also think about the few students who my be facing these problems and stand up for them. We as mechanical engineering students are united regardless of our uniqueness. We can stand up for ourselves.
I think we all know the reason, but in summary:
1. The IT and library often close because of the protests and most of us use notes on blackboard and also save study notes in the H-drive.
2. Students staying on campus are forced to switch off their lights by the private securities at night.
3. Again students staying in on-campus residences are disrupted and traumatized by the gunshots, stun grenades and teargas thrown into their residences at night because of protests
4. Also the "violation of privacy" by the private securities makes it impossible for students to concentrate in their studies and reach their highest potential. The securities come in and out of our rooms carrying guns and search without providing a warrant.
5. In the events of cars being smashed some students also suffered.
6. On the 23rd of October students were forced to vacate the IT centre and were shot at by the private securities. The IT and library remained closed for the rest of the day.
The list is long, but in respect of time. . .
Today: Xabiso is counting on you
Xabiso Sigonyela needs your help with “H.O.D of mechanical engineering: MID-TERM EXAMS”. Join Xabiso and 91 supporters today.