Save Licensed Small Scale Mining Businesses and jobs!
This petition had 60 supporters
Licensed Small Scale Miners have been lumped with illegal miners and a ban is in force to stop all forms of Small Scale mining.
We appeal to the President that we,Licensed Small Scale Miners are being discriminated upon as Large Scale mining companies are working even though we (both Large and Small Scale mining entities ) are basically regulated under the same laws ( Minerals and Mining Act 2006 (Act 703).
We (Small Scale Miners) do appreciate that there were excesses however, these excesses largely came from the illegal miners whose activities were inimical to our operations of which we took several steps to stop their operations but to no avail.
We (Small Scale Miners) wish to bring to your notice Sir, that;
1. For the past 7 and over months we are not working and we are loosing our investments ;
2. We are loosing our legitimate businesses;
3. Our workers are loosing their livelihoods and some are loosing their lives as a result of accumulated debts and lost of investments;
4. We appeal to you that we are allowed to go back to work and let the regulatory agencies do their work so that those who will not comply will have their licenses revoked
5. The Ghana National Association of Small Scale Miners (GNASSM) is ready to collaborate the efforts of government to root out illegal mining and ensure responsible Small Scale mining.
Thank you Sir
Today: Ghana National Association of Small Scale Miners is counting on you
Ghana National Association of Small Scale Miners needs your help with “H.E. the President of the Republic of Ghana: Save Licensed Small Scale Mining Businesses and jobs!”. Join Ghana National Association of Small Scale Miners and 59 supporters today.