- Gum Companies
BOYCOTT & PETITION
GUM COMPANIES TO REMOVE ASPARTAME
• Aspartame is a harmful chemical found in everybrand of gum at your local store
• Aspartame is also found in many other “foods”
• Originally discovered during a search for an ulcer drug in 1966, it was
"approved" by the FDA in 1974 as a "food additive".
• Approval was followed by a retraction based on demonstrated public
concern over the fact that the substance produced brain tumors in rats.
• In 1981, under pressure from the soft drink lobby, FDA Commissioner Hayes
approved the initial use of aspartame in dry foods and as a tabletop sweetener,
discounting public complaints as anecdotal and ignoring three FDA scientists.
• Research shows aspartame actually stimulates appetite and brings on a
craving for carbohydrates and sugary foods.
• Monsanto, the current owner of NutraSweet, makes more than $1 billion/year
Side Effects of aspartame intoxication include severe headaches,
nausea, vertigo, insomina, loss of control of limbs, blurred vision,
blindness, memory loss, slurred speech, mild to severe depression
often reaching suicidal levels, hyperactivity, gastrointestinal disorders,
seizures, skin lesions, rashes, anxiety attacks, muscle and joint pain,
numbness, mood changes, loss of energy, menstrual cramps out of cycle,
hearing loss or ringing in the ears... Just to name a few.
Complaints about aspartame represent 80-85% of all food complaints
registered with the FDA. More than 6,000 complaints have been made
concerning the effects of aspartame. Thirty independent doctors and
scientists have conducted research on the adverse effects of aspartame
Please Read Labels on Food
Before you consume. For you!
- Gum Companies
We will boycott gum until you Remove Aspartame!
Good People 4 Good Cause started this petition with a single signature, and now has 40 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Good People 4 Good Cause is counting on you
Good People 4 Good Cause needs your help with “Gum Companies: Remove Aspartame”. Join Good People 4 Good Cause and 39 supporters today.