Greenhill Gardens have a simple, unspoilt, beauty and peacefulness that is away from any commercial pressures that come from the tourism industry.
By transferring these facilities into the stewardship of the local community we can:
- Ensure the gardens remain accessible to everyone in the local community and to those visiting the area
- Ensure the gardens remain free from the pressures of tourism related commerce
- Ensure the gardens remain free from the pressures of residential re-development.
- Ensure that the facilities remain financially attainable for the local community
- Create a wealth of volunteering opportunities, giving the community a sense of ownership of these important and sensitive areas
- Create an increase in community usage through better use of the space and the creation of community initiatives
- Attract external funding to create employment, educational and recreational opportunities.
- Head of Estates for Weymouth and Portland Borough Council
We call on Weymouth and Portland Borough Council to keep Greenhill Gardens, our jewels in the crown, under public stewardship ensuring they remain for the public benefit for perpetuity
Geraldine Owen started this petition with a single signature, and now has 964 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.