Greenhill Gardens have a simple, unspoilt, beauty and peacefulness that is away from any commercial pressures that come from the tourism industry.
By transferring these facilities into the stewardship of the local community we can:
- Ensure the gardens remain accessible to everyone in the local community and to those visiting the area
- Ensure the gardens remain free from the pressures of tourism related commerce
- Ensure the gardens remain free from the pressures of residential re-development.
- Ensure that the facilities remain financially attainable for the local community
- Create a wealth of volunteering opportunities, giving the community a sense of ownership of these important and sensitive areas
- Create an increase in community usage through better use of the space and the creation of community initiatives
- Attract external funding to create employment, educational and recreational opportunities.
Geraldine Owen started this petition with a single signature, and now has 964 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.