All Children Should Play Sport
This petition had 28 supporters
Sport is a very important part of life because evidence suggests that physically active children are more likely to mature into physically active adults. Aiming for at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day is a very good way for children to start. Parents can encourage their children to play sport in many ways, including through role modelling.
Benefits of sport for children include, reduced risk of obesity, increased cardiovascular fitness, healthy growth of bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons, improved coordination and balance, a greater ability to physically relax, improved sleep, mental health benefits, such as greater confidence, improved social skills and improved personal skills, including leadership.
1. It’s fun! It gives your child a group to belong to and they get to be in a group of friends that have the same goals and interests as them.
2. Kids develop lifelong healthy lifestyle habits. Regular physical activity improves a child’s fitness and helps them to stay in shape.
3. It’s a natural stress reliever. Exercise is a great way for kids to loosen up and let go. Sports also help kids develop relationships, which become a support system for them and they get to make new friends.
4. Playing sports help develop teamwork and leadership skills. Working toward a common goal helps children develop communication and problem solving skills that will benefit them on the field and off.
5. Sports boost self-esteem. Children learn to be confident on the field and seeing their hard work pays off and brings about loads of self-confidence. When kids achieve their goals on the field it teaches them they can achieve any other goal they set later on down the track.
So as you can see sport is very important to every child’s health and it will also benefit them in the future. Sport is very important and it helps with the development of teamwork and leadership skills. Research shows that 25% of Australian children and teenagers aged 5 to 17 years are overweight or obese and statistics show that 70% of kids quit sport at the age of 13!!!
Can you all please sign my petition!!
Today: Madison is counting on you
Madison Albers needs your help with “Greg Hunt MP: All Children Should Play Sport”. Join Madison and 27 supporters today.