Revise the Current 2018 Grad Plan
This petition had 97 supporters
Hello everyone and welcome to the Grad 2018 Revision Petition,
Currently, there are 171 of us (grads @ Timberline) and by the looks and sounds of it, most of us aren't happy about the current Graduation arrangement. Previously, graduates had a prom ceremony held at Strathcona Gardens recreational facility, which was followed by "Dry Grad." However, as many may already know, the school board wishes to change it up for Timberline as well as Carihi.
The current plan in place for the grad events is: Prom at Thunderbird Hall, followed by After Grad at an unknown location; however, it is not at Strathcona Gardens. In addition, parents are not involved in the prom ceremony as they were before. They can only attend the foreshore photo taking events where they will be supplied with appetizers as well as a dance at the foreshore for the family.
Timberline and Carihi graduates of 2018 currently propose that:
- Prom held at Strathcona where parents can attend
- “Dry Grad” held at school following Commencement Ceremony
Our reasons for revision includes; but are not limited to,
- Both Carihi and Timberline graduates are despondent of this year’s abrupt changes
- Having “Dry Grad” following prom will have most students up for nearly 24 hour’s time (ex. students up early preparing for Prom and leaving dry grad location @ 6 AM)
- Graduates and their parents would like to attend Prom with the dinner and dance as tradition
- Graduates and willing to fundraise in various ways (epicure, car washes, bottle drives, poinsettias and more)
- The majority of the grad class is not guaranteed to attend “Dry Grad” if the current plan stays in place.
We are willing to discuss with staff or parents if any questions or concerns arise.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Today: Tim is counting on you
Tim Alfred needs your help with “Graduates: Revise the Current 2018 Grad Plan”. Join Tim and 96 supporters today.