Safety needed US -19 FL!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
US-19 in Florida is one of the deadliest roads in the US. On any given day it is not unusual to hear sirens and see ambulances flying on the shoulders of the highway. We have locals and tourists coming to our area, it should not be known as a death trap once you hit 19.
We depend on the FL Dept. of transportation to be evaluating the roads where higher volume accidents are occurring and fatalities increasing. In regards to a strategic solution, we depend on the professionals to make our roads safe. What is the plan to execute a solution and what is the timeline?
PROPOSAL FROM GENERAL PUBLIC:
1. Reduce speed to 40-45 mph or consider making US 19 a highway and eliminate stoplights.
2. Law enforcement ticket speeding AND driving below the speed limit.
3. Limit u-turns
4. Retest all Floridian drivers every 10 years.
5. Post better signage for visitors who occupy the roads.
6. Establish more park and rides to reduce traffic. Incentivize drivers who use.
7. Make texting and driving a primary offense.
Governor Scott and Department of Transportation, locals and visitors of FL deserve to feel safe on our roads. Please prioritize this fatal highway and figure a solution out sooner rather than later. It doesn’t take a dime to lower the speed limit to start and then start ticketing those who can’t abide by the limits. Evaluating the biggest problem areas and studying the main causes should also be a priority. These things do take time and money, but we need to know when a solution will be implemented. We must start with baby steps, but we must get this executed sooner rather than later.
Today: Joanna is counting on you
Joanna Campbell needs your help with “Governor Rick Scott : Safety needed US -19 FL!”. Join Joanna and 486 supporters today.