SAVE DEL MAR HORSEPARK
0 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!
Join the Friends of Del Mar Horsepark and stop the permanent closure of our region’s only PUBLIC equestrian sports facility and last remaining public riding schools.
- Without public notice or governing Board approval, 22nd District Agricultural Association (22nd DAA) staff cancelled Horsepark’s 35 horse shows scheduled for 2021 that would have generated over $1.75 million.
- 2020 Horsepark shows totaled $1.34 million during a truncated season due to Covid-19 (July-December), demonstrating a reliable revenue source without spectators.
- One of the last remaining PUBLIC riding school that has operated for 26 years will be evicted, despite 2020 stabling revenue of $655,000.
We need to show the cash-strapped 22nd DAA that our equestrian community will support Horsepark financially and politically. Otherwise, Horsepark will be turned over to developers.
TAKE ACTION: SIGN AND SHARE THIS PETITION and EMAIL 22nd DAA Board
SEND respectful emails addressed to the 22nd DAA BOARD at email@example.com and all Fairgrounds Board members: Richard Valdez, President (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lisa Barkett (email@example.com), Frederick Schenk (firstname.lastname@example.org), Michael D. Gelfand (email@example.com), Kathlyn Mead (firstname.lastname@example.org), Don Mosier (email@example.com), Sam Nejabat (firstname.lastname@example.org), G. Joyce Rowland (email@example.com), Pierre Sleiman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Carlene Moore--interim CEO (email@example.com).
SIGN UP to speak at the Del Mar Fairgrounds BOARD virtual board meeting on January 12 at 1:30 pm via this web link: http://www.delmarfairgrounds.com/index.php?fuseaction=about.meeting_agenda
WRITE State of California Government Leaders:
Governor Gavin Newsom--the 22nd Agricultural District and Board report to him https://govapps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/
Senator pro tem Toni Atkins: https://sd39.senate.ca.gov/contact
Brian Maienschein: https://a77.asmdc.org/contact-me
Background on Del Mar Horsepark: On 65 acres, Del Mar Horsepark is the last available venue in San Diego County that offers facilities and enough land capable of hosting shows year-round (Del Mar Fairgrounds cannot host horse shows all summer during racing meets):
- Two grass jumping fields with 1,320 seats
- Covered, lighted arena
- 400 permanent show stalls
- Warmup and exercise space, room for three dressage courts, and four training rings
- Permanent box and pipe stalls for year-around boarding and professional training from beginners to Olympic levels.
Join Friends of Del Mar Horsepark Facebook page for updates on how you can help. SIGN AND SHARE THIS PETITION!
Today: holley is counting on you
holley groshek needs your help with “Governor Gavin Newsom: SAVE DEL MAR HORSEPARK”. Join holley and 12,596 supporters today.