Change in the manner public transport treats the physically challenged.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
I am writing on behalf of a physically challenged lady with 75% disability (Right Side Hemiplegia). who travels everyday by bus to go to her work place. Look at the bus above and see how a perfectly abled man has to manoeuvre and get in.
1. Seeing a challenged person buses often do not stop
2. Even if they stop the special seats are often placed at the far end
3. Long distance buses do not have any seat for the physically challenged persons
4. In any private bus, the special seats are placed on the opposite side where men sit (people who have problem in mobility face a great problem in taking the seat and getting off the bus)
5. In front of the special seat, there is no rod or handle to hold and take a step towards the seat. People who lack balance find difficult to sit without any support ( Most of the bus drivers prefer rash driving specially when two buses of same route chase one another)
Today: Anuradha is counting on you
Anuradha Mukherjee needs your help with “Government of West Bengal: Change in the manner public transport treats the physically challenged.”. Join Anuradha and 236 supporters today.