YB Nurul Izzah as Cabinet Minister
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Why YB Nurul Izzah should be one of the Cabinet Ministers:
1. Third-term Member of Parliament (Second-term in Lembah Pantai and First-term in Permatang Pauh).
2. Key role in establishing the People’s Justice Party (KEADILAN) in 1999.
3. Holds the highest ranking Vice President Elect and the party’s Election Director.
4. Advocates strongly on human and civil rights with a unique interest in prisoners of conscience. At the international level, she has advocated on Malaysian political prisoners and Malaysian human rights particulalrlty during the 55th Commission on Human Rights, Geneva.
5. She is also involved in other advocacy work with numerous agencies, namely Women Leaders International Forum (WLIF), Malaysian Islamic Youth Movement (ABIM), Wand Friedrich- Naumann Stifung (FNS) & Suara Rakyat Malaysia (SUARAM).
6. One of the founding member of Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement Caucus and member of the Women’s Caucus.
7. Involved greatly in removing the Parliamentary Bill to Revoke Emergency Declarations including the dissolution of the oppressive Internal Security Act.
8. Won a defamation suit in RM1mil damages and has pledged the money to members of the families who lost their loved ones during the Lahad Datu intrusion in 2013.
9. She holds a Masters’ Degree from the School for Advanced International Studies – Johns Hopkins University studying International Relations (particularly on Southeast Asia Studies). She also holds a Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from University Tenaga Nasional.
10. If YB Izzah gets chosen as a Cabinet Minister, this will add to the #30peratus representation of women in decision-making positions in Government, in line with Pakatan Harapan's promises.
Cabinet Minister positions that YB Nurul Izzah could take up :
1. Minister of Foreign Affairs
2. Minister of Youth and Sports
1. Malaysian MP Nurul Izzah Anwar reacts to her opposition coalition's shock victory : https://youtu.be/8KxiT6EtghE
2. Oslo Freedom Forum : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfeKXYK2Juk
3. Himpunan Merdeka Rakyat : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4e9pUd_XbQ
Today: Jazlyn is counting on you
Jazlyn Azanam needs your help with “Government of Malaysia: Reconsider YB Nurul Izzah as Cabinet Minister”. Join Jazlyn and 72 supporters today.