Stop the Coast Road project
This is important because Rs. 8000 crores of public money will be spent to build something which will benefit ONLY 100,000 of Mumbai's 12 million citizens.
What the average Mumbaikar needs is investment in
1) Thousands of more buses. 4500 buses transport 3.5-4 million people daily. This figure needs to be taken to more than 5 million. Offer high quality buses and a great last mile walking environment for these citizens. Better buses will reduce cars on the road.
2) Improvement in the railway stations and their 100 meter radius, 6.5 million people use this mode.
3) Make Mumbai pedestrian friendly. Almost all 12 million people walk in horrible conditions.
4) Adopt the key principles of sustainable transport Avoid Shift Improve
5) Some countries are going to the next level of smart city
Coast road project is not in public interest.
Please see the statements made in this article
Coast Road is not a project of national importance.
Rishi Aggarwal started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,225 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.