Two child policy for India
This petition had 47 supporters
India is the second most populated country in the world with nearly a fifth of the world's population. India is projected to be the world's most populous country by 2022,surpassing the population of China.Birth rate is 19.3 births/1,000 population (2016 est.) where as the death rate 7.3 deaths/1,000 population (2016 est.).India occupies 2.41% of the world's land area but supports over 18% of the world's population.Now the problems with ever increasing population are-
- Unemployment: Generating employment for a huge population in a country like India is very difficult. The number of illiterate persons increases every year. Unemployment rate is thus showing an increasing trend.
- Manpower utilisation: The number of jobless people is on the rise in India due to economic depression and slow business development and expansion activities.
- Pressure on infrastructure: Development of infrastructural facilities is unfortunately not keeping pace with the growth of population. The result is lack of transportation, communication, housing, education, healthcare etc. There has been an increase in the number of slums, overcrowded houses, traffic congestion etc.
- Resource utilisation: Land areas, water resources, forests are over exploited. There is also scarcity of resources.
- Decreased production and increased costs: Food production and distribution have not been able to catch up with the increasing population and hence the costs of production have increased. Inflation is the major consequence of over population.
- Inequitable income distribution: In the face of an increasing population, there is an unequal distribution of income and inequalities within the country widen.
There is a need to curb this problem before its too late and India should adopt two child policy.
Today: Anchit is counting on you
Anchit Thakur needs your help with “Government of India: Two child policy for India”. Join Anchit and 46 supporters today.