Shutting down of schools and EARLY Implementation of measures to prevent spread of COVID19
This petition made change with 1,903 supporters!
The novel Coronavirus or COVID19 has successfully brought the globe to its knees. It spreads extremely fast through human to human contact,has affected upto 120,000 people so far. With a population like that of India's and our not up to par hygiene habits, it can become an extremely serious threat which will be hard to contain. Hence, PREVENTION IS THE BEST CURE.
This is an appeal to the central government and all state governments concerned to shut down all public places such as educational institutions, swimming pools, gyms to prevent further spreading. They need to start *disinfecting public places regularly.* The efforts need to be drastic in nature to avoid spreading the virus internally in the country before a full blown outbreak happens.
The questions that come to mind is what are these drastic measures that our government MUST implement.
1. We need start actively quarantining people to their homes in the cities(ideally, the entire nation) where there are outbreaks. Even though the situations might not be that alarming YET, TODAY'S PRECAUTIONS SAVE TOMORROW.
2. SOCIAL DISTANCING(staying at home, minimal and only essential interaction with people) SHOULD BE ENFORCED BY LAW. Curtailing our social lives for 15 days for the safety of us, our friends and our family is an ACCEPTABLE COMPROMISE.
3. DISINFECTING PUBLIC PLACES REGULARLY BY FUMIGATION.
4. Writing do's and don'ts in regional languages.
5. Taking help of private hospitals to fight this battle.They have the money and the resources. Government alone, can not hold it if situation worsens.
6. Need to raise public awareness of the dreadful situations faced by UK, S.KOREA, ITALY AND SPAIN.
7. MAKE THE MEMBERS OF THE LOWER RISK AGE GROUPS UNDERSTAND WHY SOCIAL DISTANCING IS IMPORTANT. THEIR ACTIONS MIGHT RESULT IN THE DEATH OF THEIR GRANDPARENTS OR A FAMILY MEMBER WITH DIABETES, HYPERTENSION OR BLOOD PRESSURE.
8. Please and I can't stress this enough, we NEED TO MASS TEST PEOPLE. That's the only way to understand the real numbers. COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION, if any needs to be intercepted early.
While the COVID19 might not extremely threatening to you, think of your family and friends with diabetes, blood pressure or asthma,who are much more susceptible to the disease than you are.
In a country like ours, the sooner we prevent the better off we are. The government is taking steps but this is an appeal to ramp up the efforts and make big changes which might seem exaggerated now, but will prove to be beneficial in the long run.
THE NEXT 10 DAYS ARE CRUCIAL. WE NEED TO ACT NOW, SO THE DISEASE DOES NOT START TERTIARY TRANSMISSION. ONCE COMMUNITY SPREAD STARTS, IT WILL BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP.
LET US TAKE STEPS NOW TO AVOID ENDING UP LIKE CHINA AND ITALY.
Today: Pranjal is counting on you
Pranjal Ray needs your help with “Government of India: EARLY Implementation of Drastic Measures to prevent spreading of the coronavirus(COVID19.)”. Join Pranjal and 1,902 supporters today.