Reconsider the development of a childcare centre on Dandaloo Court
This petition had 139 supporters
We respectfully object to the proposed development of a childcare centre at 1 Dandaloo Court, Pimpama, and urge Gold Coast City Council to reconsider the placement of such a development.
Dandaloo Court is the first road off Mirambeena Drive, the main road that leads into and out of Canowindra Estate. A development at 1 Dandaloo Court will affect the residents of Dandaloo Court and Mirambeena Drive, and all residents who live in Canowindra Estate.
Gold Coast City Council needs to seriously reconsider allowing the development of a childcare centre at this location for the following reasons:
- Mirambeena Drive already struggles to cope with the volume of traffic during peak times. Mirambeena Drive is a two-lane, 60km road that services Ormeau State School, Goodstart Early Learning, LORDS, Kings Christian College, as well as Ormeau Train Station. Dandaloo Court is less than 150m from the entrance to Mirambeena Drive, and a development on that corner will only add to the congestion.
- There have been several traffic accidents in the immediate vicinity. At least two cars have lost control at the roundabout adjacent to 1 Dandaloo Court, hitting the fence beside the property. There have been several accidents, including at least one fatality, at the nearby intersection onto Creek Street.
- The proposed development will have a large impact on the lifestyle of the area, contrary to the Gold Coast City Council's Rural residential zone code and Rural residential landscape and environment precinct code, which the site is governed by. The properties in this area are expected to adhere to a certain style and promote a sedate style of living, which this development will not do.
- Goodstart Early Learning is an existing childcare centre in Canowindra Estate, opposite Ormeau State School. It is not at full capacity. The development of another childcare centre in this area, when there is neither the demand nor the need, is ill-advised.
- According to the proposal, the potential service area for the childcare centre is predominantly made up of Ormeau Hills, Kingsholme, and Luscombe, which are west of the M1. A childcare centre in this area would make more sense, and there is in fact already a proposal for such a development before Council.
We are not opposed to more options for parents and guardians looking for daycare for their children, and would welcome the development of further childcare centres in appropriate locations.
We believe the proposed site of 1 Dandaloo Court is not a good or safe location, and will be an annoyance at best and a liability at worst. There are other locations in the area, even within Canowindra Estate, that would be safer and more suitable for a childcare centre.
Today: Chantelle is counting on you
Chantelle Waddell needs your help with “Gold Coast City Council: Reconsider the development of a childcare centre on Dandaloo Court”. Join Chantelle and 138 supporters today.