Asking for removal of GMO's and High Fructose Corn Syrup from ALL Girl Scout Cookies.
This petition had 196 supporters
Will you support Girl Scouts when they make this positive stand to remove GMO's and High Fructose Corn Syrup from all Girl Scout Cookies?
Girl Scouts sell 175 million boxes of cookies every year. At $5 a box, this is equivalent to $656 million annual sales revenue for Girl Scouts troops and headquarters annually. There are 2.3 million Girl Scouts nationally. (Source: StatisticBrain). This is a significant, influential and economic force.
Girl Scouts supports so many good causes and has had a positive impact in our world. Anna Maria Chavez, CEO, Girl Scouts, supports "Being honest and fair, courageous and strong, using resources wisely, respecting yourself and others, and making the world a better place."
Since "Girl Scouts of the USA continues to inspire, challenge, and empower girls everywhere," why not make a stand for health and safety of our kids, families and global citizens by removing GMO's and High Fructose Corn Syrup from all Girl Scout Cookies?
- Girl Scouts could be a leader and influence others by their courageous stand of no GMO and no High Fructose Corn Syrup in their cookie ingredients.
- Girl Scouts could continue "to do good AND do well" AND raise all the funds needed to support the chapters and headquarters.
- Girl Scouts and their bakers could partner with successful companies already producing healthy cookies (i.e., Newman's Own or Earth's Best).
- Girls Scouts could even make this positive change by next year's fundraising event.
Please support this petition by signing below.
1) We support Girl Scouts mission and members worldwide.
2) We ask that they remove GMO's and High Fructose Corn Syrup from all Girl Scout Cookies.
NOTE: Thank you to one of the Girl Scout Cookie Bakers, Little Brownie Bakers, who do not use HFCS in their cookies. (Source: Girl Scouts). However, Girls Scouts uses several bakers and it's not easy to differentiate which cookies are made at which location. Thus, difficult to choose a cookie with no HFCS. To be clear, all Girl Scout Cookies, regardless of baker, continue to use GMO ingredients.
Today: Hollan is counting on you
Hollan McBride needs your help with “Girl Scouts: Asking for removal of GMO's and High Fructose Corn Syrup from ALL Girl Scout Cookies.”. Join Hollan and 195 supporters today.