Let's get Australia moving again with a better deal for Powered 2 Wheels!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
We need our Federal and State Governments and Councils of Australia to get Australians moving again!
· Lower the cost of Powered 2 Wheel Registration & CTP ($50 - 50cc, $100 - LAMS, $200 - Open)
· Standardise Powered 2 Wheel Registration and CTP Australia-wide
· LA category vehicles able to be ridden on a car licence Australia-wide
· Incentivise commuters to purchase electric powered 2 wheel transport through green fund rebates (as per current solar rebates) and no stamp duty charges.
· National exemption from motorway, bridge and tunnel toll charges.
· Parking to be free and footpath parking allowed but public thoroughfares and walkways are not to be compromised or impaired
There is little doubt that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is currently challenging every single aspect of our society. Since the lockdowns and exponential increase in people working from home there has been a significant reduction of traffic on our roads. The current situation is testing for all of us but going forward we could all benefit and enjoy the following:
Sweet, sweet air – The most evident of all changes is that the air in our cities is clearer, so now is the time to rethink our use of single occupant vehicles. Seeing landmarks not normally seen due to pollution haze has been noticed the world over. As the pandemic eases and the cars return to our roads, the air quality will deteriorate. Powered 2 Wheels can substantially reduce emissions in comparison with a car. This can be further reduced through the use of electric 2 and 3-wheelers.
Less congestion = better commuting – People now working and studying from home have realised the cost savings of not paying to park or fuel their vehicles that they use for their daily commute. Powered 2 wheels are also more convenient, saving valuable time and providing tangible social and economic benefits to individuals and families alike.
Social distancing in a tin can – Public transport is a great way to move large numbers of people, but very hard to achieve social distancing: this will be front of mind for many everyday commuters returning to crowded public transport facilities. powered 2 wheel commuting allows social distancing.
Friends with [many] benefits – Many commuters already benefit by using powered 2 wheel transport with ever-increasing electric options emerging on the market daily. This is still one of the most efficient, cost-effective, minimal impact ways to deliver commuting solutions, as it allows commuters to quickly complete their daily travel routines with flexibility and distance capability like no other commuter, and at the same time contributing to:
· less air and noise pollution
· less traffic and parking congestion
· more money in your pockets in these difficult times
· better mental wellbeing and free time due to less commuting time
· taking control and have FUN at the same time.
Let’s encourage more people to commute by powered 2-wheel transport. It is the simplest, most cost-effective personal transport solution which satisfies social distancing measures.
Let’s keep costs of powered 2-wheel transport as low as the impact they have on our roads, infrastructure and environment.
Support the cause now and sign the petition!
Today: 2 Wheels Action Group (TWAG) is counting on you
2 Wheels Action Group (TWAG) needs your help with “Get Australia moving again with a better deal for Powered 2 Wheels.”. Join 2 Wheels Action Group (TWAG) and 3,646 supporters today.