Support Anti-Sex Trafficking Legislation House Bill 341
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
With the world's busiest airport right here, Atlanta is one of the largest hubs for human trafficking in the country. Vulnerable people, often children, are sold and forced to have sex against their will.
According to the FBI, the average age that a girl is first recruited into prostitution or sex trafficking in the U.S. is 11-14 years-old. The most recent numbers show sex trafficking in Georgia generated nearly $300 million a year and growing.
Statistics show that trafficking drugs in Georgia receives harsher punishment than trafficking humans. Short sentencing for human traffickers also means that victims are more fearful to come forward in fear of retaliation. Legislators and prosecutors need to beat traffickers at their own game, which means changing the law. We have to find a way to be as sophisticated as traffickers are themselves.
As a step to encourage our legislators to change the law in support of combatting sex trafficking, the Stone Mountain-Lithonia Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated requests your support in advocating for the approval of anti-sex trafficking legislation, HB 341: Crimes and offenses; mandatory terms for trafficking individuals for sexual servitude; provisions.
HB 341 proposes the following:
- Removes the sunset provision for the Mandated Trafficking Hotline Posting Law.
- Adds the statewide Domestic Minor Trafficking hotline as a requirement to the posting.
- Improves mandatory minimum sentences for the crime of trafficking and exploitation of children.
- Enhances definition of trafficking offense by adding "patronizes and solicits."
- Adds mandatory 24 hour jail sentences for the crimes of pimping, pandering, and keeping a place of prostitution.
- Adds as a restriction that no dangerous sexual offender may utilize the first offender statue as a defense.
- Mandates registration to the State Sexual Offender Registry for these offense.
House Bill 341 is currently being reviewed by the Senate. Please support this petition and also contact your Georgia State Senator and request that he/she approve House Bill 341.
Today: Stone Mountain-Lithonia Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated is counting on you
Stone Mountain-Lithonia Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated needs your help with “Georgia State Senators : Support Anti-Sex Trafficking Legislation House Bill 341”. Join Stone Mountain-Lithonia Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated and 41 supporters today.