Genocide in Burma
This petition had 131 supporters
It is criminal of us as human beings to remain silent and watch innocent people being massacred, regardless of their race, colour or religion! We are all human beings who feel & bleed the same so like the KONY 2012 campaign we need to rise up together and stop the dictatorship, cruelty, mass genocide and ethnic cleansing in Burma.
In July 2012 financial sanctions against the Burmese Government were relaxed  in spite of numerous reports indicating that ethnic cleansing is occurring against the Rohingya people in the Rakhine state of Burma. The Junta have turned a blind eye to (and have been involved in) ethnic clashes between the ethnic Rakhine Buddhists and the Muslim Rohingya leading to :
• The murder, torture and mass arrest of hundreds to thousands of Rohingya's
• Displacement of over 100,000 people in the region, and
• Burning down of tens of thousands of houses in riots and violent crimes against the Rohingya people. 
Despite the fact that the UN Human Rights envoy to Burma has highlighted allegations of atrocities against the Rohingya , the Australian Government and the local media have remained silent and overlooked these crimes against humanity with even pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi turning a blind eye  . We therefore ask Senator Bob Carr to engage in dialogue with the Burmese Government to stop atrocities against the Rohingya, demand a ceasefire, and an immediate stop of the mass murder, torture, displacement and mass arrest of the Rohingya people.
We are also troubled at the silence of the Australian Media despite Burma's close proximity to Australia. Hence we would like to see more coverage of the issue across all mediums, as Human Rights is a right for all Humans not just those with monetary value!
1. “Australia's autonomous sanctions: Burma”, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Retrieved 22-08-2012
2. “UN calls for urgent investigation into Burma clashes”, Australian Network News, Retrieved 22-08-2012
3. “Muslim homes razed in Burma’s Rakhine state – report”, BBC News, Retrieved 22-08-2012
4. “Statement of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of Human Rights in Myanmar”, UNHR, Retrieved 23-08-2012
5. “Burma’s Rohingya Muslims: Aung San Suu Kyi’s blind spot”, The Independent, Retireived 23-08-2012
Today: Michael is counting on you
Michael Power needs your help with “Genocide in Burma”. Join Michael and 130 supporters today.