- Genesee Community CollegeGenesee Community College - Gay-Straight-Alliance
Hang a Rainbow flag in the GCC Cafeteria.
To recognize the need to support all students irrespective of race, religion, gender, ability, sexual orientation or age.
- Genesee Community College - Gay-Straight-Alliance
Genesee Community College
Imagine the thoughts and feelings of the many students who come from lands far away to see something so familiar when they raise their eyes and gaze at the ceiling in the cafeteria and spot the flag from their homeland represented.
Surely it must provide much needed calm as they attempt to acclimate to a new location with new friends and reassurance that they will eventually get over the “culture-shock” of being in a new country.
The Genesee Community College – Gay-Straight-Alliance, (GCC-GSA), a student organization charged with educating, supporting and empowering the GCC community regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) issues, believes that GLBT members of the campus community have the same need for calm and reassurance while acclimating to a new environment.
Therefore, the GCC-GSA proposes that Genesee Community College include and raise the Rainbow flag, a symbol of diversity and acceptance, in the GCC cafeteria.
By signing this petition you:
1) Add your voice to those who recognize the need to support all of our students irrespective of race, religion, gender, ability, sexual orientation or age and;
2) Support the effort of the GCC-GSA to add the Rainbow flag to the flags displayed in the Genesee Community College cafeteria.
Please add your name to this petition:
- if you support the cause
- if you have not signed the petition previously
- if you are a current GCC student, staff or faculty member OR
- if you are a resident of Genesee, Livingston, Orleans or Wyoming county
***THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING GLBTQ STUDENTS AT GCC***
The Genesee Community College - Gay-Straight-Alliance
GCC GSA started this petition with a single signature, and now has 86 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.