May 4, 2020
Petition to move Personal Care Services to Phase 2 Low Risk Workplaces
We are petitioning our governor, Gavin Newsom and the California State Representatives to allow Salon Professionals to open for business as part of the Phase 2 Low Risk Workplace. Barbers, Hair Stylists, Estheticians, and Manicurists are licensed by the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. To obtain one of these licenses they must go to school full time and pass an exam. They must continue their training and renew this license every two years. This license shows that they have been trained in sanitation and how to protect themselves and their clients from infectious disease transmission.
We will comply with all the safety precautions necessary to operate our businesses safely during this COVID-19 pandemic. We are prepared to go back with additional precautions to help protect us all and limit the spread of COVID-19. We will take the following additional precautions:
- Our doors will remain locked and clients will only be allowed into the building at the time of their appointment.
- Salon Professional’s and Client’s temperature will be taken prior to entry into the building. If signs of sickness or fever the client will be required to cancel appointment. If a Salon Professional is sick they will go home for minimum of 2 weeks.
- Schedules will be coordinated to minimize human contact.
- Appointments will be scheduled at least 15 minutes apart to allow for sanitizing between appointments.
- Masks will be worn by Salon Professionals and Clients, if practical.
- Salon Professionals will wash hands before service.
- Clients will be asked to wash and sanitize hands prior to service.
- Social distancing will be maintained.
- A clean cape or smock will be put on for each appointment.
- Common Areas will be wiped down and sanitized frequently.
Based on the above, we are best prepared to reopen as part of the Phase 2 Lower Risk Workplaces. Please allow salon suites and salons to reopen.