FWISD Taxpayers for the Removal of Ann Sutherland
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
This petition calls for the removal and/or resignation of FWISD District 6 School Board Trustee Dr. Ann Sutherland for failure to act in accordance with TASB Board of Education Standards of Practice, the TASB Code of Ethics, and her defined role as a Board Trustee.
A resignation and/or removal is requested due to an abuse of power, and a gross negligence in trustee duties.
Dr. Sutherland has violated the following Code of Ethics as outlined by the TASB:
- I will encourage expressions of different opinions and listen with an open mind to others' ideas
- I will be responsive to the community by seeking its involvement in District affairs and by communicating its priorities and concerns
- I will base my decisions on fact rather than supposition, opinion, or public favor
- I will refuse to surrender judgment to any individual or group at the expense of the District as a whole.
- I will tell the truth.
Dr. Sutherland has violated her role as a Board Trustee:
- A school board is a local governmental body that can take action only by a majority vote at a legally called public meeting. Further, a trustee who attempts—without board authorization—to speak for the whole board, direct school staff members, or make other individual decisions is exceeding his or her authority.
Dr. Sutherland has violated the Board of Education Standards of Practice and the TASB:
- Our relationships with each other will be based on courtesy, trust and respect; we will, as a governance team, follow the practice of issuing praise in public and providing criticism in private.
- We will respect the leadership roles of the board president, or presiding officer, and superintendent, and will support them in their efforts to lead the Board and the District.
Dr. Sutherland has consistently made documented degrading remarks about Fort Worth communities in public and in private, and she is a divisive force on the School Board. Dr. Sutherland on more than one occasion, has preemptively announced decisions that can only be made by the Board as a whole. This is exceeding her authority as District 6 Trustee.
The Fort Worth community finds this behavior inexcusable. We call for better representation.
Authority to issue this petition falls under the TASB guidance:
Citizens shall have the right, in a peaceable manner, to assemble together for their common good and to apply to those invested with the powers of government for redress of grievances or other purposes, by petition, address, or remonstrance. Tex. Const. Art. I, Sec. 27 - http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/642?filename=BED(LEGAL).pdf
Today: FWISD Taxpayers for the removal of Ann Sutherland is counting on you
FWISD Taxpayers for the removal of Ann Sutherland needs your help with “FWISD Taxpayers for the removal of Ann Sutherland”. Join FWISD Taxpayers for the removal of Ann Sutherland and 301 supporters today.