7 days to die console updates!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
Funpimps recently explained that over 15,000 to 20,000 players still play console version of 7 days to die and that sales for the game were still good.
They also reiterated that they have no plans to do any current gen updates and the best we could expect is to see 7 days to die as a brand new game on next gen consoles and only after pc has gone gold, currently there estimates are that end of next year they may be in that position.
This is not ok, while respecting that tell tale games contributed significantly to the issues with consoles not getting updates, the funpimps have now had full control for a year, with continued support and development being made on pc but zero fixes much needed for console. i implore the fun pimps to rethink their plans and find other solutions, to this end i petition that the following should happen
1. Reduce the price of current gen 7 days to die from £27.99 to the same as pc £18.99 . the current console version does not match up with a 30 quid purchase. add more info on store pages on exactly what and what it doesn't have ie what stage updates it is closest too! - currently the game is misleading purchasers expecting the full pc experience.
The following are options to also consider.
2. Find a reputable publisher and cut a deal to work on the current game. funpimps have had experience and now could better find a suitable deal just like stranded deep devs did who also were negatively effected by tell tales demise.
3. Announce that any future game on next gen, all existing 7 days owners of the game on console will get a free upgrade (as so many games companies are doing using microsoft smart delivery for example) it is not OK to expect console players to purchase a game twice when pc is cheaper and receives all content for free, regardless of current console limitations.
4. To help facilitate this, organise dlc skins pre-order much like the walking dead ones on console, add this as dlc as a way to generate money for any future development, also try and arrange xbox games pass or psn plus with microsoft and sony respectively to generate more money.
5. Hire a console specific manager/port team to do the work and save money versus deals with other companies - even if this takes a substantially long time at least show the community on console you are not abandoning them.
I do not agree in asking for refunds, as majority of players have experienced and enjoyed the console version even with its limited capacity and issues, however more needs to be communicated and looked into instead of crying its tell tales fault, and changing the store description and also changing price wil stop any more buyers being mislead or feeling cheated.
You have a passionate console community that have been larger then pc at times, now is the time to make some positive steps instead of insular backwards thinking.
Accountability must be taken, you could potentially make so much more money if you take some of the steps i have petitioned, thank you for your time and if you want any help dealing with console community with communications don't hesitate to get in touch,
Yours sincerely jade pg
Today: Jade is counting on you
Jade plays games needs your help with “funpimps/sony/microsoft: 7 days to die console updates!”. Join Jade and 8,455 supporters today.