This petition has been created for Pinehurst Elementary residents to express concern regarding class sizes at Pinehurst Elementary School in 4th and 5th grade. Currently classes range from 25 to 27 students.
- Class sizes tend to increase as the year goes on because of new families moving into the area.
- The expectations for our children have been raised as the core curriculum has gotten more difficult. The teachers have added stresses to these changes as well. Services have been eliminated for students with the cuts of reading teachers, etc. How are the teachers going to get our children to where they need to be while having classes that are much larger than ever before?
- Inclusion classrooms with 27 children. How will these kids be able to focus on the instruction with so much going on around them?
- The rooms right now normally can accommodate 20-24 children which then leads to space constraints within the classroom.
- Big Tree, Blasdell and Cloverbank have class sizes that are much smaller than ours. Some positions in those schools have been reinstated yet Pinehurst classes are the largest in the district.
Please sign this petition showing your support for reducing class sizes at Pinehurst Elementary Schoolby August 24, 2013. Thank you!
Pinehurst Parents started this petition with a single signature, and now has 170 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.