Teach Indian Languages in Frisco, Plano, & Coppell ISD
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Asian students account for more than 22% of total students in Frisco, Plano ISD. Students currently have the option of learning Spanish, French, Latin, Chinese etc. in High School as a foreign language.
We, as a community of parents and students, are urging the Frisco, Plano ISD School Board and Administrators to offer Indian Languages e.g. Hindi for its students. This will not only be beneficial to students of Indian heritage, but also very valuable to non-Indian students who realize the importance of learning Indian languages to thrive in a global world.
Universities and colleges across North America (including UT Austin) offer Indian language classes. For instance, in the Dallas Metroplex, Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2012/12/20/hurst-euless-bedford-isd-offers-asian-language-option-not-readily-found-hindi
Why study Indian languages…?
· There is Govt initiative to expand and improve the teaching and learning of strategically important world languages that are not now widely taught in the United States. e.g. Arabic, Chinese, Dari, Hindi, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Swahili, Turkish, and Urdu. it is believed that the U.S. will be better equipped not only to improve its international relations, but also to solidify its national security and global economic competitiveness in the years ahead.
· According to this report, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/04/23/the-worlds-languages-in-7-maps-and-charts/?utm_term=.255ad5dc2b6d Indian languages are some of most widely spoken native languages.
· US Citizens who study critical languages like Indian languages are eligible for scholarships and preferential hiring for government jobs.
· Knowledge of Indian languages is helpful for communicating in India and it’s easy for them to communicate in other Asian countries as well.
· Indian languages are fun and are the tickets to Indian films.
Indian languages are now recognized by the Texas State Board of Education.
Today: Poonam is counting on you
Poonam Thakur needs your help with “Frisco ISD: Teach Indian Languages in Frisco, Plano, & CoppellISD”. Join Poonam and 843 supporters today.