Petition to Fremont City Council : Fix Fremont Traffic from North bound - 680
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Dear Fremont City Council,
It is with great frustration that we bring you this petition to resolve immediately. You are well aware of the traffic problem that we as Fremont residents brought to your attention during the election time last year. We are now creating this petition as a follow up for you to take action this time.
The traffic conditions have far worsened since the last time we surfaced this issue. And it is bound to get even worse due to the construction of 160 new homes on Sabercat; choking south Fremont traffic to a grinding halt if we don't take any action immediately. The traffic being referred to here is the spill over of North bound 680 traffic onto Paseo Padre, Washington Blvd and Palm Avenue.
Here are some FACTS :
- What should be a 5 minute drive takes anywhere between 20 minutes to even 40 minutes to get to Mission San Jose High School, Mission blvd, Washington Blvd each way in the afternoon after 2pm.
- On Palm Avenue there is no regulation on where cars can park making it impossible for parents, residents to continue on Palm and turn on to the side roads from Palm.
- The 680 traffic does not respect the 25 mile speed limit. They are rash in the way they turn on to Palm and to other side roads such as San Miguel making it very dangerous for children crossing the street.
- There is frustration amongst drivers from the 680 traffic which may lead to accidents that could even be fatal due to rash driving that we are already observing.
- There is absolutely NO police presence in any of these areas
We are requesting that you take immediate actions to curtail 680 north bound traffic from entering these by roads. We look forward to some immediate response acknowledging this petition and also an action plan with a reasonable timeline immediately thereafter.
As a final note ... please, please, please do NOT sell large lots on Palm Ave and other neighborhood streets to developers & builders. Rather raise money to build parks or libraries.
Thanks for your attention to this serious matter.
Citizens of Fremont
Today: Fremont Citizens Group is counting on you
Fremont Citizens Group needs your help with “Fremont City Council : Petition to Fremont City Council : Fix Fremont Traffic from North bound - 680”. Join Fremont Citizens Group and 64 supporters today.