Free Paediatric First Aid Training for all Aussie parents
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000.
Tiny Hearts has one mission. That mission is to empower parents with the knowledge, skill and confidence to recognise and respond to any medical emergency their child might face.
Co-founded by an Advanced Life Support Paramedic, Nikki Jurcutz identified the need for parents to be educated in paediatric first aid.
We are determined to make a measurable impact in local communities around Australia.
We believe paediatric first aid training for parents and caregivers of young children should be funded and offered FREE to all parents.
Parents should feel confident to act when it comes to a first aid situation with their little ones. There is an abundance of information available on prams, bottles and car seats - but what about the health and wellbeing of your bub?
In addition to this, data from the Australian government indicates that non-urgent presentations constitute 45 per cent of presentations to emergency departments across Australia. Furthermore, data shows that children aged zero to four years of age make up a significant number of these presentations.
One of the most likely reasons for this link is a lack of health literacy among parents and caregivers. To put it simply, there is an information gap for parents when it comes to caring for their little one.
Imagine what our health care system could look like if parents were able to make an educated decision about the best health care pathway for their children?
Tiny Hearts has now proudly educated almost 3,000 parents and caregivers in local communities throughout Victoria and Queensland in the free program.
The initial data speaks for itself:
- Before the course, 22% of participants listed their local emergency department as a health care provider to use after-hours
- 93% of participants think parents require more information resources on treating their child’s medical conditions
- Before the program, parents on average rated their ability to distinguish between non-urgent, urgent and emergency situations as a 6 out of 10. Post-course they rated their ability as a 9 out of 10 (30% increase).
- Before the program, participants on average rated their paediatric first aid knowledge and a 4 out of 10. Post-course they rated their knowledge as an 8 out of 10 (40% increase).
- Six months post-course, 50% of parents have used their infant and child first aid knowledge, and 63% have used self-triaging knowledge from the course
Despite the thousands already trained, we know there is so much more impact to be had.
Free paediatric first aid doesn't only just benefit the child. It empowers parents, it protects communities, and it increases the quality and the efficiency of our health care system.
Free paediatric first aid benefits us all.
Help us petition for funded first aid for all Aussie parents and caregivers.
Today: Tiny Hearts First Aid is counting on you
Tiny Hearts First Aid needs your help with “Free Paediatric First Aid Training for all Aussie parents”. Join Tiny Hearts First Aid and 891 supporters today.