Outstanding Issues Concerning Sloan Expansion
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We the undersigned Franklin Regional taxpayers have the following concerns about the proposed Sloan Elementary Campus, that would move all elementary children from the current three buildings to one location, adding a second elementary school adjacent to Sloan:
- A 9.54 mill projected tax increase over the next 3 years - affecting renters, homeowners, and businesses. As an example, a $200,000 home would owe $2,948 in 2017 taxes; in three years, taxes will rise to $3,257.
- That is just the first three years' taxes on our way to years of paying off a 54 million dollar new facility.
- Undisclosed and unknown costs to demolish Newlonsburg & Heritage Elementaries, to build a Wellness Center, to create more parking at the School Rd/Old William Penn campus, etc.
- Traffic Congestion – Sloan Elementary increases from 600 to 1,600 students, with at least double the teachers/staff, on small local roads that have no turn lanes.
- Two of three entrances for the proposed Sloan campus are on Crowfoot Road - a narrow, windy, hilly country road with a 10-foot dropoff, a 90-degree bend, and no berm.
- Double the amount of bus trips in that area per day (from 60 to 120).
- Double the bus ride time for students in the Eastern portion of the school district.
- Challenges evacuating 1,600 K-5 children in an emergency.
- Congestion with 1,600 panicked parents trying to pick up their children in an emergency and emergency vehicles trying to get through.
Today: Russell is counting on you
Russell Phillips needs your help with “Franklin Regional School Board: Outstanding Issues Concerning Sloan Expansion”. Join Russell and 80 supporters today.