Food Grading System
This petition had 1,566 supporters
We, The Doctors television show and the signed parties, believe it is time to create a clear, objective grading system for our food that anyone can understand!
Consider these facts:
• Two of three Americans are overweight or obese (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
• 59 percent of consumers report difficulty understanding nutrition labels (Nielsen)
Those two statistics are not unrelated. We want honesty in our food packaging. We want the claims on the front of the box to match the fine print ingredients. We want to know, in a glance, what’s really in our food.
It’s our belief that a food grading system, based in medical science, is essential to the American public.
• We ask the U.S. Food and Drug Administration label foods with letter grades, like those found on report cards – A, B, C, D and F.
• We ask that the FDA put the needs of the public before the interests of lobbyists and food and beverage corporations.
• We urge the FDA to take action immediately.
Today: Shannon is counting on you
Shannon Hunt needs your help with “Food Grading System”. Join Shannon and 1,565 supporters today.