Label products that are exclusively vegan
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Dear Food And Drug Administration,
I recently decided that becoming a vegan was the best choice for my family and our lifestyle. But I find it hard to go to the grocery store with two small children and try to go through each and every ingredient listed on each and every product. I might miss one here and there trying to rush or calm down my two small boys.
Of course I've done my research and I know that ingredients like:
- Casein (caseinate)
- Gelatin Protein
- Glucose (dextrose)
- Glycerides (mono-, di-, and triglycerides)
- Isinglass Gelatin
- Lactic acid
- Lactose (saccharum lactin, D-lactose)
- Lactylic stearate Salt of stearic acid
- Lecithin Phospholipids
- Oleic acid (oleinic acid) Animal tallow
- Pepsin Enzyme Shellac Stearic acid (octadecanoic acid) Suet
- Vitamin A (A1, retinol)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin or cobalamin)
- Vitamin D3 Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
Are not considered vegan.
These plus many others are difficult for a mother to remember when she's in a rush with two small children in a grocery store full of too many distraction.
- I would like it if a product is vegan, to have a universal logo for us to just spot, grab and go. It sure would alleviate some of the stress of grocery shopping for me as well as for many other parents who are concerned with what they are consuming as well as their children.
For example the original Oreo is considered vegan why not label it as such?
I want to help others like myself transition into veganism with ease and less frustration and the only way to effectively do that is by keeping it simple. Labeling the product as all vegan.
I see this lifestyle growing increasingly fast and becoming just as important as wanting to know if product is
- Non GMO
Today: Kathy is counting on you
Kathy Méndez needs your help with “Food and Drug Administration: Label products that are exclusively vegan”. Join Kathy and 71 supporters today.