Petition Closed

Call on the Scottish Parliament to vote against the Section 30 Order

This petition had 7 supporters


It is vital that the Scottish Parliament is encouraged to vote against the Section 30 Order on Tuesday 28th March 2017.  Pursuit of the Section 30 Order must not proceed for the following reasons ;  the SNP membership is only 2% of the Scottish population and cannot speak for the remaining 98% of Scottish people. Scotland has already voted to reject independence and the SNP must respect the outcome ;  the SNP does not have the consent of the Scottish people to introduce this Section 30 Order from a platform which denies 98% of Scotland their voice on this crucial matter.  As part of UK, Scotland receives £30B each year to subsidise the Scottish taxpayer. The SNP has made no economic case for independence. If Scotland leaves the UK, that subsidy stops, taxes and unemployment will rise and hard working Scottish taxpayers will be worse off. The SNP must do the right thing; get on with governing Scotland and with the Green Party abandon the Section 30 Order with immediate effect.



Today: Peter is counting on you

Peter Minshall needs your help with “First Minister of Scotland: Call on the Scottish Parliament to vote against the Section 30 Order”. Join Peter and 6 supporters today.