Vote in favour of the amendment introduced by Greg Mulholland MP to the NPPF at its second reading on 6th June 2014.
This petition had 898 supporters
Sandbach and South Cheshire is being overwhelmed by speculative planning applications from developers taking advantage of the relaxation of planning laws introduced in 2012 by the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). The new planning laws have created similar issues in many other areas of the country.
In response Greg Mulholland MP has introduced a 10 minute rule bill that seeks to amend the NPPF and put local control back into planning. The main changes he is proposing are:
1. To Abolish the Planning Inspectorate and a developers right to appeal local planning decisions.
2. Demand that developers have to meet local planning policies, even when the local plan and the five year land supply are not up to date.
3. Remove the need for an additional 20% housing site buffer to make up for previous under delivery.
4. Allow authorities to refuse planning permission if an application contradicts an emerging local or neighbourhood plan.
5. Allow councils to refuse planning permission on a green field site until brownfield sites have been developed.
6. Introduce a new local planning approval process which will be chaired by an independent person and will allow equal time for supporters and objectors to planning applications to put their arguments.
These changes if introduced would allow us to regain control of local planning and how our town will develop in the future.
The housing action groups of Sandbach fighting speculative development therefore feel it is crucial that Fiona Bruce, our MP supports this bill.
Please indicate your support by signing the attached petition.
Feel free to find out more about HOOS by clicking the link to our Facebook Page
Today: Hands Off Our Sandbach is counting on you
Hands Off Our Sandbach needs your help with “Fiona Bruce MP: Vote in favour of the amendment introduced by Greg Mulholland MP to the NPPF at its second reading on 6th June 2014.”. Join Hands Off Our Sandbach and 897 supporters today.