FIGHT FOR CHANGE AT DEVORE!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 50,000!
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE AND REFORM AT THE DEVORE SHELTER. WHEN WILL THE SENSELESS KILLING OF HEALTHY AND ADOPTABLE ANIMALS AT THIS SHELTER END?
County of San Bernardino Animal Shelter - Devore Facility
- 9/13/18: Stop allowing owner surrenders to request that a healthy dog be euthanized! Allow a rescue to save the dog AND Post that dog on Petharbor so that rescues are aware of the dog!
- DEVORE ALLOWS AN OWNER TO "PAY" TO HAVE THEIR DOG EUTHANIZED FOR ANY REASON. They are not counseled or offered alternative solutions. DEATH IS NEVER THE SOLUTION! Nor is making $$$$ to kill a dog an option!
- DAILY EUTH LISTS AT DEVORE!
- UPDATE 2.20.18 The Devore staff have been told that they may not speak to anyone about any dog in quarantine and they are not allowed to give out ANY information whatsoever!
- Dogs are being labeled as AGGRESSIVE (tiny Chi's, Terriers, MinPin's, etc) and are made Rescue Only. THEY ARE TERRIFIED, NOT MEAN! The employees labeling these small dogs "aggressive" have NO formal training as behaviorists and have no qualifications to properly evaluate dogs.
Over 2000 animals were euthanized at the Devore and Big Bear Animal Shelters in 2017.
The laws and administration that govern these shelters needs to change.
Dan Flores, CaSonya Thomas, Brian Cronin, and Greg Beck have been asked to make the below changes and have refused to even meet with me to discuss compassionate change.
Changes requested to be implemented via phone conversations and a letter written and mailed in February 2018.
• Volunteers allowed on site - to bathe, groom, walk, take photos, and play with the animals.
• Small and large dog play groups to de-stress, and provide socialization.
•A behaviorist on site to properly evaluate all dogs who enter the shelters, so that so many aren’t labeled rescue only.
•A veterinarian on site to properly care for sick and/or hurting animals.
•Soft bedding and cots so that they can sleep in comfort.
•A shelter revision to allow the kennels to be indoors to be protected from the elements, but to have windows that open for the sun to shine in and fresh air.
•Animal ID’s and the pets information card to be placed on all kennels. Also to name the animals to give them more meaning.
•A change in the administration who will work hard to make the shelter low kill. Kind and compassionate people in charge who care about life and living.
This petition started off with the killing of 3 HEALTHY dogs at the Devore Shelter when there were 32 empty kennels! I will be posting updates with the killings going on at this shelter at the hands of 3 people; Brian Cronin, Greg Beck, and Kelly Papp. We must have CHANGE, we must have REFORM, we must have AN ADMINISTRATION who wants to protect and facilitate the adoption and rescue of shelter dogs in their care. They have little to no compassion or the desire to effect change; to save lives.
It is time that the citizens of CALIFORNIA get involved to facilitate CHANGE! This petition will make it's way around the US and worldwide (I hope). We NEED you to be outraged. We need you to feel sick and to get angry! The animals unlucky enough to end up in this shelter have almost NO chance of surviving there. How is this sheltering a homeless and abandoned animal? How do we ALLOW this to happen in the USA and in one of the most affluent states in the US?
BE THE ANIMALS VOICE!
> Department of Public Health
> Phone: 800-472-5609
> Fax: 909-387-0125
> 351 North Mountain View Avenue
> 3rd Floor, Room 302
> San Bernardino, CA 92415-0003
No matter how hard we try, and by WE, I mean the rescues, networkers, animal activists and lovers of LIFE, they think that they can kill whenever and whoever they please.32 empty kennels and they killed 3 HEALTHY dogs - one who was pregnant!! With all of the empty kennels, who would have expected the manager to order more be KILLED? Where are the Council Members, Assemblyman , Media, and the people who are suppose to be protecting our pets? Someone needs to step up and help! This shelter is THE HOLOCAUST of animal shelters; Greg Beck and Brian Cronin, both preside over the Health Department at Devore and never wanted rescues at Devore - they control all decisions there! WE need YOUR SUPPORT to help them or tomorrow it will happen again. Talking and complaining has gotten us nowhere! Email anyone and everyone!
Together let's do this folks, they need us!
EMAIL these people! Be a VOICE for the animals who have no voice!
Today: Terri is counting on you
Terri McCabe needs your help with “FIGHT FOR CHANGE AT DEVORE!”. Join Terri and 46,446 supporters today.