Stop the FAA from Moving Flights Over East Bay Communities
This petition made change with 989 supporters!
- This fall the FAA plans to move a major Oakland Airport arrival path over the hearts of Richmond, El Cerrito, Albany, and the Berkeley Flats.
- Planes that were at one point dispersed over more than a 6-mile wide area will now funnel into an area around just half a mile wide.
- By the FAA's own admission, well more than twice as many people will be affected by airplane noise and pollution under this new change.
- Dozens of extremely loud, toxic waste emitting, low-altitude planes will be flying in this narrow path directly over our homes every day...and night.
- The FAA has failed to conduct the required noise tests, environmental impact and social equity studies, public outreach steps, and it has rejected alternative flight path proposals.
- The FAA has failed to consider that Richmond is 80% minority, and bears an excessive burden of toxic waste and spills from Chevron oil refinery, active harbors, coal trains, and major freeway and commuter corridors.
- We shouldn’t be forced to accept the negative impact that this FAA decision will have on our health, our children's health, and our quality of life.
Today: East Bay is counting on you
East Bay Clean Air and Quiet Skies needs your help with “Federal Aviation Administration: Stop the FAA from Moving Flights Over East Bay Communities”. Join East Bay and 988 supporters today.