Where as Drugs exceeded motor vehicle accidents as a cause of death in 2009, killing at least 37,485 people nationwide, according to preliminary data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Most people given a drug never know the dangers associated with the drug.
Seeing as every person has the right to be a part of the decision process of their, personal hearth.
We the people feel there is a need for a bill requiring some basic information to be given to the person receiving the drug, so said person can make an informed decision about their personal treatment.
This bill shall be known as the “Do No Harm Bill”.
Any person legally receiving a prescription drug shall be deemed to be a “vulnerable person” and as such, shall be deemed to be entitled to all protections afforded to such persons under the law, as applicable. It shall be deemed to be a civil tort against such a person for any person to order a drug for such “Vulnerable Person” without specifically informing the person or that person’s legal guardian or someone otherwise authorized to act on their behalf, the following:
1. All side, effects or potential side effects of the drug.
2. The latest FDA “Black Box” warnings.
3. The approved FDA use of the drug.
4. Potential side effects for the particular individual based on his or her other medications and/or physical condition.
5. The suggested testing and monitoring of the person, before during and after the use of the drug.
6. The known success rate and failure rate of the drug in cases similar to the individual.
7. Alternative remedies that are known to be effective.
A copy of above information shall be given to “Vulnerable person” or their authorized person, before the order is given or in case of emergency within twenty-four (24) hours of the order.
Consumers assume that doctors know and are informing patients but that simply is not true. The case in point is a drug called Amiodarone. Thousands have died or suffered serious side effects and many if not most had no idea that they were putting themselves at risk as a result of taking the drug. Go to www.amiodaronetoxicity.com to learn more or join the conversation on Facebook at Stop Amiodarone.
susan grider started this petition with a single signature, and now has 165 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.