Ban the use of fireworks by private citizens in Fairfield, Iowa!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We the undersigned request the Fairfield, Iowa Public Safety & Transportation Committee and the Fairfield City Council to consider a ban on fireworks use by private citizens.
We request this ban for the following reasons:
- Harm has been done and is likely to continue to be done to neighboring private property by errant fireworks;
- Potential physical harm to private citizens by errant fireworks;
- Disturbing the peace and public nuisance from the constant noise created by fireworks being discharged;
- Trauma and harm to domestic animals as well as wildlife;
- Failure of citizens to comply with city regulations regarding designated times for the discharge of fireworks;
- The challenge presented for the police department to actually enforce the regulations;
- Considerable litter in the streets and neighborhoods from the detritus after discharge of fireworks.
Today: Lauryn is counting on you
Lauryn Shapter needs your help with “Fairfield Iowa Public Safety & Transportation Committee: Enact a complete ban on the use of fireworks by private citizens in Fairfield, Iowa”. Join Lauryn and 209 supporters today.