Save Sleepy Hollow Road
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
We the undersigned taxpayers and residents of the Sleepy Hollow Road neighborhood oppose the County’s design of the Sleepy Hollow Walkway project and request that this project be halted immediately before action is taken which will dramatically and irreversibly alter our properties.
Further, we object to the process particularly the method and the lack of transparency in notifying those of us whose homes are directly impacted. We have been provided no justification for the disruption to those who live along the entire span of Sleepy Hollow Road or for the destruction of so many yards using our own tax dollars.
We strongly object to the proposed plan of taking up to 15 feet of our yards and driveways, destroying trees, shrubbery, gates, stone walls and fences. Many of us have made significant investments into landscaping our properties. This plan will fundamentally change the appearance of our neighborhood by lining our street with concrete retaining walls rather than mature growth trees thereby decreasing our individual property values.
The project must be halted until the following information is provided to us:
· a review by the County Executive of the process used to design and budget this project;
· a survey of the residents of this street to determine need;
· a safety study of the necessity/urgency for the project and its planned 5 street crossings;
· an assessment quantifying the number of trees and other vegetation that will be removed or affected, including the threat to trees nearby which may be killed due to root damage;
· the potential disruption to utilities, including internet, television and phone service;
· a study of alternative, less costly and less invasive designs; and
· assessments of the effect on our individual property values.
We support the concept of safe, walkable streets, but believe that the design of the current plan is too costly, disruptive and invasive for the marginal community benefit.
Today: Sleepy Hollow Neighborhood Association is counting on you
Sleepy Hollow Neighborhood Association needs your help with “Fairfax County Board of Supervisors: Save Sleepy Hollow Road”. Join Sleepy Hollow Neighborhood Association and 582 supporters today.