Express Yourself - South Morang Train Line Commuters
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
REDUCE YOUR ANNUAL COMMUTE BY 40 HOURS. SIGN THE PETITION NOW!
Currently the South Morang Train Line doesn't have any Express Trains in the morning or afternoon peak in comparison to the Hurstbridge Line.
THE CURRENT TIMETABLING IS INEQUITABLE. SOUTH MORANG LINE COMMUTERS DESERVE AN EXPRESS SERVICE.
All Express Services that run from Clifton Hill are Hurstbridge Line services.
Metro should amend their timetabling to alternate the Express Services that by-pass Victoria Park, Collingwood, and North and West Richmond Stations.
Also similar to the Hurstbridge Line the South Morang line should offer Clifton Hill to South Morang Express with reduced stops - eg Clifton Hill Station, express to Bell given most of the train line is covered by two trams up to Bell Station.
Analysis of the Hurstbridge and South Morang Lines reveals South Morang Line customers are disadvantaged in comparison to those customers utilising the Hurstbridge Line.
· Hurstbridge is 49 kilometres from the CBD and has 28 train stops; and
· South Morang is 42 kilometres from the CBD and has 26 stops.
Between 6.54am and 9.03am there are 15 inbound, Express Services , (express from Clifton Hill to Jolimont) on the Hurstbridge Line and no Express Services inbound on the South Morang Line.
· There are also four inbound Express Services between 6.54am and 8.17am from Hurstbridge that by pass additional stations (such as Eaglemont, Darebin, Alphington, Fairfield, Dennis and Westgarth). There are no such Express Services on the South Morang Line.
· Between 4.06pm and 5.59pm there are 14 outbound, Express Services, (express Jolimont to Clifton Hill) on the Hurstbridge Line and no Express Services outbound on the South Morang Line.
· There are also five outbound Express Services between 4.06pm and 5.46pm from the CBD that by-pass additional stations (such as Westgarth, Dennis, Fairfield, Alphington, Darebin, Eaglemont). There are no such Express Services on the South Morang Line.
Express Services that bypass stations from Jolimont to Clifton Hill and vice versa should be equally shared by Hurstbridge and South Morang Line Services.
LET'S MAKE IT FAIR. SOUTH MORANG LINE COMMUTERS DESERVE AN EXPRESS SERVICE.
Metro has advised the difference in journey time for a limited express (i.e. between Clifton Hill and Jolimont) and stopping all stations train is only three minutes and stated they have "found the benefits of a limited express train are minimal with the current timetable". Metro have not taken into account the benefits gained from having limited express for example Clifton Hill-Northcote-Thornbury (or Bell) coupled with an express from Jolimont to Clifton Hill which would generate a greater benefit for South Morang Line customers.
This could generate a 5 or 6 minute time saving and whilst it doesn't seem a lot in the scheme of things, in a journey that takes 23 minutes ( such as Bell to Flinders Street) it represent aprrox 20% efficiency dividend for South Morang Line customers. Over the year of commuting 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year this represents a total efficiency of 20 hours (one way) or 40 hours (both ways).
THAT'S TIME YOU COULD HAVE TO DO THE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO RATHER THAN SITTING (OR MORE LIKELY STANDING) ON A METRO TRAIN.
GET ON BOARD AND LET'S CHANGE THIS!
Today: Julian is counting on you
Julian Bianco needs your help with “Express Yourself - Express Train for South Morang Line Commuters”. Join Julian and 1,717 supporters today.