Emergency General Assembly Meeting
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We, the undersigned, petition the President and the Secretary of the Fatima Islamic Society to call an emergency General Assembly meeting for the purposes of discussing the intended sale of Fatima Islamic Society Premises (at 7252 Remmet Ave. Canoga Park CA).
The emergency meeting shall be scheduled within seven days of the receipt of this petition as
- The Premises in questions has already been listed on MLS and can legally go under contract without the consent of the General Assembly.
- The act of listing the Premises is at best a breach of trust by the Council of Trustees and the Executive board. They must, in good faith explain the motives and plans (if any) behind listing the Premises, without taking the community in confidence.
- It is inconceivable that the only way to ascertain the value of the Premises was to list it for sale. An appraisal would have achieved the same objective or a commercial real estate broker would have run comparables for the area to assess the value of the premises.
- The Premises were listed on MLS in secrecy where even some of the board members were surprised by the development. The Council of Trustees has only decided to send out communication about this act after an outpouring of dismay from the community.
- The efforts of the Relocation Committee must be transparent. Who are the members of this committee, what is their plan of action, what are their timelines, what is their vision, what are their constraints ?.
- As Per Article 5.1.1 of the Bylaws, the Council of Trustees and the Board should have held a General Assembly meeting in September. The next one per the Bylaws is set for March 2018. It will be gross negligence on the part of the Board and the Trustees to not address the community’s apprehensions around the circumstances of this MLS listing immediately.
The community has been alarmed by this unilateral act from the Council of Trustees and the Executive Board. In order to avoid further mistrust, we are requesting immediate removal of the Premises from MLS. In absence of immediate acknowledgment of this request, we will be forced to pursue legal channels to block the sale.
Today: FIS Community at large is counting on you
FIS Community at large needs your help with “Executive Board and Council of Trustees: Emergency General Assembly Meeting”. Join FIS Community at large and 94 supporters today.