Re-writing the Australian Curriculum

Re-writing the Australian Curriculum

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Luke Burger started this petition to Everyone

The Australian school curriculum is flawed in many ways. It is dull, repetitive and teaches our children skills that they will never use in life. When you went to school, did you ever learn how to file taxes, or buy a house, or get a job? No! Instead you memorised the quadratic equation, learnt how to conjugate German verbs and were taught who started the 2nd Punic war. When are you ever going to need to know that? As a statistic, it has been proven that 98% of everything that you learn at school is a waste! 98% of all you learn, you will never use again! You could learn the remaining 2% of useful content in a quarter of a year, not 12! And yet, with the remaining 11.75 years of your schooling career, they cannot find the time to teach you how to write a resume, or how to raise a child, or how to identify mental health issues in yourself and others. I suggest that the Australian Department of Education look over the curriculum and replace it with a new one which teaches people valuable life skills that people need in life, and how to perform the actions that are required in the average adults day-to-day life. Now, more than ever, in our continuously changing world, we need to think about what we are teaching our children, what they need to know, and how we can help save their precious time and our resources from being wasted by years of useless schooling. 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!