"How To Keep The River Clean"
This petition had 36 supporters
Before the lively urbanization of Manila, the Pasig River is an important transportation hub; it is the former center of city activities.
The Pasig River flows to the North-West from Laguna lake, the largest lake in the Philippines, to the area of Manila, on the southern part of the island of Luzon.
The river will create a border between the city of Makati to the south, and to the City of Pasig, which will be followed by the City of Mandaluyong to the North. Followed by the southeast corner, which will be bordered by the City of Mandaluyong and Manila before the westward ripples, to meet another major stream from the San Juan River, and then twist it in the middle of Manila before leaving the Area.
"6 Ways to Clean Up the Pasig River"
- Air Stripping - Polluted water is collected into a tank, where a fan blows over the water to evaporate the chemicals.
- Activated Carbon Filtration - Polluted water is pumped from the site, and then treated through columns on activated carbon.
- Bioremediation - This process uses biological organisms to digest contaminants from the site.
- Relocate Illegal Settlers Living on the Edges of the River - Some of the garbage or wastes in the river come from the households of these illegal settlers.
- Stop Sewage Systems That Connect to the River - No matter how much we collect garbage, our efforts will remain futile if wastes continues to flow in the river through the sewage.
- Collect Any Garbage Left or Thrown in - This is the easiest way to clean bodies of water.
Today: Carlo is counting on you
Carlo Lo-ayon needs your help with “Everyone: "How To Keep The River Clean"”. Join Carlo and 35 supporters today.