#TurnToLove for Portland, Manchester, and all victims of terrorism and violence
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
From the Manchester (Muslim) community, and from all those around the world who believe in Love,
To the families and loved ones of Taliesin Meche, Rick Best & Micah Fletcher, killed and injured while standing up for Love in Portland:
Your sons are our sons, your brothers are our brothers.
Today, the world needs people like your sons. Heroes from all backgrounds and faiths who stand up for love, unity, and the dignity of humankind. Heroes who prove that those who try to spread hate, evil, and division, will not win.
Rick, Taliesin and Micah —your sons, brothers, and friends—have proven that very point through their actions, compassion and courage.
They were the embodiment of the best values of humanity.
Our hearts were already filled with sorrow and grief for the twenty-two innocent victims who died in our city, Manchester. Twenty-two lives taken by hatred and cowardice.
The pain for your loved ones adds a heavy weight to that grief.
We will always be grateful to them and remember them, together with all the victims of terror and hatred across the globe and throughout times.
We condemn in the utmost the hateful and wretched ideologies of ISIS, of violent racist extremists, and of all those who would spread hate and violence.
We remember and honour the victims of terrorist attacks around the world, from Manchester to Kabul, Brussels to Baghdad, Chibok to Paris. Together with the victims of attacks worldwide, we call for the world to #TurnToLove.
We join the call of Mohamad el Bachiri, who launched an appeal for a Struggle of Love, after his wife was killed in the Brussels terror attacks, to unite humanity around the most beautiful of human values: Love. His video appeal on Facebook and twitter (#JihadDamour) was supported by 12 Million people around the globe, and together with them we salute those who chose Love and stand up for it.
We stand with all those who believe that love is stronger than hatred. For the memory of your sons, and the many victims around the world, we pray. As #WeStandTogether, we will overcome.
Find out more about the #TurnToLove movement here.
Signatories so far from across the Manchester Muslim Community:
- Imam Irfan Chisti MBE – Manchester Central Mosque
- Imam Muhamad Imran - Darul Uloom, Longsight
- Allaama Arshad Misbahi - North Jamia Mosque, Cheetham Hill - Shaykh Abu Yusha Yasin - Cheadle
- Hafiz Moin Akhtar - Manchester Central Mosque
- Qari Muhammad Ozair Tayyib - Stockport Masjid
- Shaykh Qari Muhammad Tayyib - Jamia Rassolia, Whaley Range
- Mr. Qadir Chohan – Chair of MCOM - Manchester Council of Mosques
- Lady Kay Baig - ICA Manchester
- Miss Saleena Farooq, - LLB (Hons) Solicitor- Mrs Tahira Shaffi, LLB, Solicitor
- Mr. Sajjad Karim – MEP, Conservative Party
- Mr. Afzal Khan - CBE, MEP, Labour Party
- Mr. Fesl Reza Khan – Chair, GMMC, Greater Manchester Muslim Community - Mr. Ismael Lea South – Director, The Salam Project (Moss Side – Manchester)
Today: Turn To Love is counting on you
Turn To Love needs your help with “Everyone and anyone: #TurnToLove for Portland, Manchester, and for all victims of violence and terrorism”. Join Turn To Love and 25 supporters today.