To Make A Difference With Plastic Waste!

To Make A Difference With Plastic Waste!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Alina Morales started this petition to EVERYBODY

My petition is about how I will try and make an Impact for how we need to stop all Plastic Pollution in the world.For example, I think that If us as a community had  created a system for people to help this problem that we will be able to help with the plastic from not only in the world but in the oceans as well.When these types of things come in contact with an animal in an ocean it will not only harm them but could possibly kill them.With this impact I think that this will be a great way to change how people think of the plastic pollution/ water pollution in our world because it is not only harming the animals but it harms the humans as well.

The Plastic Pollution problem is that with all of this plastic it can become very dangerous when it comes in contact with the ocean because when it goes in the water it  becomes a state of micro plastics or fiber plastics.Micro plastic are some small pieces of plastic, that are less than 5 millimeters or 0.2 inches in length, that will occur in the environment as a consequence of plastic pollution.When these plastics have contact with the animals they can choke and die from not being able to breathe.Also when we have plastic in water in not only creates micro and fiber plastics but it also creates ocean dead zones. When us humans have contact with plastics it may not harm us when we see it but if we leave it and not recycle it, it causes pollution in the air called Air Pollution and it could make it hard to breathe and cause human climate changes.In conclusion I feel like this problem should be solved so that humans and animals in this world don't die from all of the pollution in water ,air and plastic pollution.It also may just be a great way to shine some light on how the environment can be better if we changed the laws to everyone in every state had to recycle plastic waste because more plastic is thrown away each year.Also us Americans throw away 35 billion plastic bottles every year and only about 25% of the plastic produced in the U.S. is recycled. If we were to recycle the other 75% we could save almost about  1 billion gallons of oil and 44 million cubic yards of landfill space annually. Also another example is that when the micro plastics and fiber plastics get released into the air and persist in ash waste residues the chemicals then will be linked to the development of asthma, endocrine disruption and cancer. Also did you know that since most humans don't manage their recycling habits we have over 8.3 billion tons of plastic that has been produced and 6.3 billion of that has become plastic waste and of that plastic waste and we've only recycled 9% of that.

 

 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!