Stop! the relocation of Bridlington Coach Park to Limekiln Lane Car Park
This petition had 1,155 supporters
ERYC plans to move Bridlington Coach Park to Limekiln Lane Car Park. Our aim is to stop the relocation to Limekiln Lane an area of outstanding natural beauty.
"The plans for the prospective change to Limekiln Lane car park include the building of a coach park with spaces for 27 coaches. A conversation with the designer at the meeting revealed that he was asked to include provision for a future Park and Ride facility for the north of the town. How many towns do you know that have a coach park and Park and Ride facility built in such a desirable spot, on the edge of a beautiful recreational area and adjacent to a highly sought after and desirable residential area?"
I, the undersigned, oppose the planned development of the Limekiln Lane car park. Reasons for opposing are:
- Limekiln Lane is one of the few naturally beautiful areas in Bridlington that remains unspoilt. To Tarmac over a green field will create an Industrial looking eyesore in a unspoilt area of outstanding natural beauty which is used by dog walkers, families having picnics and people just generally enjoying the surrounding area and view of the heritage coastline.There is so much that needs improving in our town yet ERYC want to spend nearly a million pounds on making a decent area of the town look worse. There will be added signage, lighting and road markings obscuring and transforming this residential area and making it a blot on the landscape. It will have a negative impact on residential properties.
- Will bring additional traffic into area creating noise, light and air pollution for residents of Limekiln Lane and also residents of proposed route to Limekiln Lane car park.Traffic would also go past 3 schools endangering the health of both residents and children.
Will cause more traffic congestion not only in the town centre but also along proposed route Scarborough Rd Roundabout/Marton Rd and surrounding area. These roads are already congested at peak times.
- If the town becomes a success and we receive more visitors where will they park? ERYC are investing a lot of money to bring more visitors into the town yet reducing parking which is already stretched. Council is encouraging Leisure Centre users to park at Limekiln, where will they go when it's full?
- Travellers could also be a potential problem using the site at a cost to the taxpayer. In recent years ERYC has spent tens of thousands on clean up operations and deterrents such as metal bollards at the Bessingby/ Jubilee Woods site.
- We want EYRC to revise its plans and and use existing sites. Move the Coach Park to the current Park and Ride site in Wilsthorpe. This would lighten the traffic flow in town with infrastructure already in place on main road coming into/out of Bridlington. Park and Ride is rarely full and has a hardstanding that could be used for coaches. There is a cafe and toilets on site for the drivers. Why not send coaches here if adamant about closing coach park.
Limekiln Lane is not suitable for this site!
Please sign our petition and let ERYC Councillors know how you feel.
Today: Keep Limekiln Green is counting on you
Keep Limekiln Green needs your help with “ERYC: Stop! the relocation of Bridlington Coach Park to Limekiln Lane Car Park”. Join Keep Limekiln Green and 1,154 supporters today.