Equality for catering staff; catering for SOAS
This petition had 121 supporters
We call on SOAS Management to end the three-tier workforce situation discriminating and exploiting outsourced catering and hospitality staff at SOAS. This means SOAS Management must, with utmost urgency:
- Abolish all casualised, zero-hour contracts with a fair alternative agreed with UNISON and concerned staff;
- Harmonise all catering and hospitality staff’s Terms & Conditions with those offered to staff working for Bouygues, including sick pay, holiday entitlements, and pension contributions;
- Sign a Trade Union Recognition agreement between Elior and UNISON;
- Organise a meaningful consultation of our three on-campus Unions, staff and students, to produce a clear picture of what catering and hospitality services our Community needs and wants. The outcomes of this consultation should be the basis of any decision to change the catering services provision at SOAS.
- Guarantee job security for catering and hospitality staff within any future, long-term plans for catering and hospitality services at SOAS.
Today: SOAS Justice For Workers is counting on you
SOAS Justice For Workers End Outsourcing needs your help with “Equality for catering staff; catering for SOAS”. Join SOAS Justice For Workers and 120 supporters today.