Restoration of Pristinity of Gandhibag, Silchar & raise voice against its commercial uses

Restoration of Pristinity of Gandhibag, Silchar & raise voice against its commercial uses

0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
At 500 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!

Gandhibag, Silchar was established in 1893's in the heart of Silchar city. It covers an area of approximately 28 bighas of land.  During pre-indepedence, the area was under British possession, which they used for sports. It was during 1890's that Late K. K. Chanda, the then Chairman, Silchar Municipality board, took possession of this land from Britishers, and as it was a low land, initially a serpentine drain (now called Sapnana) was dug to drain out the run off water. Body ashes of Ganghiji was also kept in a small house in the area. Later on body ashes of 11 language martyrs, who died for the cause of mother tongue in 1961, were also kept here. Of late, there is a proposal of conversion of this historical and archaeologically important land for commercial use!  Mall and multiplex are going to be constructed here. Please raise your voice against conversion of 'Gandhibag-Sapnala-Sahid Smarak' area for commercial set-up.  Please come forward to save the only virgin green belt of urban Silchar...

0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
At 500 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!