Ensure a fair composition for the new Presidential Search Committee of NCC.
This petition made change with 337 supporters!
We, the undersigned, urge Nassau Community College to choose a Presidential Search Committee that will fairly represent the college community. A properly balanced search committee will promote confidence in the next Nassau Community College president. Therefore, we recommend the following:
1. The Presidential Search Committee must adhere to search guidelines of SUNY, the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and the Association of Governing Boards (AGB).
2. A Trustee, who is a voting member of the Board of Trustees and on the proposed Presidential Search Committee, must be appointed as Chair. The Chair should have an ongoing and direct connection to the NCC community.
3. The community member must be determined by his/her distinguished community service record and chosen by the entire Board of Trustees.
4. No administrator should be a voting member of the Presidential Search Committee. The AAUP advises administrators do not serve on presidential search committees and SUNY warns of potential problems when the chief executive applies.
5. A cross section of campus constituent groups must be considered and permitted to participate. Each group should choose their representative.
6. If a Trustee Emeritus serves on the Presidential Search Committee based on his/her title of 'Trustee Emeritus,' he/she must not be appointed or elected as an officer such as a Chair or Secretary, nor should he/she be permitted to vote.
7. All appointments to the Presidential Search Committee must be vetted and approved by the entire Board of Trustees.
Today: People for a fair presidential search committee is counting on you
People for a fair presidential search committee needs your help with “Ensure a fair composition for the new Presidential Search Committee of NCC.”. Join People for a fair presidential search committee and 336 supporters today.