SAVE ST LEONARDS CROWN POST OFFICE
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The St Leonards on Sea CROWN Post Office in East Sussex is under threat of closure as part of a nationwide strategy by The Post Office to reduce overheads and increase profits. We as a town, object to this branch closure on the grounds of IMMENSE SOCIAL NEED. Here are the key reasons why we need it to stay in addition to the fact that we need to send out post and use the many PO counter services:
- We NEED it for issuing government benefits and pensions to those in need,
- It's our ONLY banking facility left in the town, the public, shop keepers and business owners need it to trade,deposit cheques and cash,
- Many of our local community do not qualify for High St Bank Accounts even if we still had branches here,
- Provides VITAL mailing trade links to the rest of the UK and the World for Ebay sellers, Online retailers and Mail order businesses
- Crown Post Offices offer superbly trained staff who are efficient and more knowledgeable than those who are employed to run Sub Post Offices within other stores like WHSmiths or Rymans etc
- Provides currency exchange for 100's of foreign exchange students who stay with host families throughout the year, who then in turn, spend more money within a mile of the Crown Post Office, thereby boosting our local economy. Local residents also benefit from the currency service for their travel arrangements too,
- PASSPORT and DRIVER'S LICENCE services -
- SAFE and SECURE money withdrawal of ANY amount of cash you need, not just large note denominations,
- BILL PAYMENTS
- PHOTO BOOTH FACILITIES
- SUB/KIOSK Post Offices do not offer all these services nor do they have the staff trained to the same level of skill
- THIS PUBLIC SERVICE NEEDS PROTECTING!
- OUR BRANCH IS A HIGHLY VIABLE ASSET to the Post Office!
- If the Crown Post Office closes, many of the surrounding cafes and independent shops will close too - it's happened before in other towns around the UK.
We are a small seaside town with only 180 degrees of community surrounding its small town centre. That's half the amount of population another inland town would have. With this issue comes fewer jobs and fewer people to support the local economy. The Crown Post Office in the heart of the town, provides vital postal services for shops and businesses to trade online to increase their incomes.Many shops and businesses depend entirely on the Post Office in order to sell goods across the UK to make ends meet and pay rent for their shops - there's just not enough people locally to support them otherwise.
We believe we have the power to make Greg Clark Secretary for State Energy and Business get involved and negotiate with The Post Office to stop this closure. If we lose the Crown PO, we lose the heart and hub of our town!
Today: Kay is counting on you
Kay Avery Stallion needs your help with “firstname.lastname@example.org: SAVE ST LEONARDS CROWN POST OFFICE”. Join Kay and 258 supporters today.